PS Elementary Programs Overview
Welcome to PS Elementary! Students K - 5th grade with autism and other exceptionalities should be in an environment where they not only are accepted, but are inspired to continue developing their social and academic skills. We are committed to inspiring our students to reach their full potential both in the classroom and the community. Our goals are to create a welcoming and positive environment, where your child is set up for short term and long term success. To best align our teaching approach to the individual student’s skill set, we have designed the following programs, each created to cater to your child’s needs.
- High academic standards
- Social skills development
- Problem solving
What makes us different
- Programs organized by ability, not age
- Small class size
- Individualized academic instruction
- Emphasis on social communication and social skills training across all facets of the school day.
- Positive behavior support
- Transition education
- Elective programs
- Collaborative approach
- Community-based instruction