Help Keep Kids in School!
The deadline to file your taxes is RIGHT around the corner, and if you haven't filed yet, you still have time to help keep these students in school, at ZERO cost to you. It's really easy.
You can control where your taxes go. Instead of paying your taxes, you can simply redirect them to go to an organization that creates scholarships for our students, called a Student Tuition Organization (STO.) Many parents can't afford tuition to keep some students in our schools. You really can help make a difference.
Who you're helping
- 1 in 68 births results in ASD (autism spectrum disorder)
- 3.5 million Americans live with an autism spectrum disorder
- The cost of caring for an autistic person over his or her lifetime is $2.3 million, or approximately $60,000 per person per year
- You can help parents pay for tuition by redirecting your taxes - meaning $0 cost to you - but you must take advantage of this BEFORE 12/31/17!
"I had no idea that a special-needs private school was going to cost $27,000/year once Davis hit kindergarten age. I was blown away by the expense. Not that it wasn’t worth it, but the tuition didn’t even cover everything. It only paid for him to be at the school where they did ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) therapy and one speech therapy session a week, which is wonderful, but it’s not enough...
...So on top of that, we still had to go out and find everything else our child needed: a speech therapist, an occupational therapist, etc. It was just insurmountable. A lot of my friends [with autistic children] were mortgaging their houses and taking out these big crazy loans."
If you haven’t been directly impacted by ASD, it’s difficult to truly imagine the kind of financial and emotional burden these families deal with on a daily basis. But you can help.
At absolutely zero cost to you, you can help relieve families of these financial stresses by redirecting your taxes.
- You help students with autism & other exceptionalities stay in school.
- You can deduct one dollar for every dollar donated, from both your state AND federal taxes (up to $2,177 filing jointly or $1,089 as an individual.)
- You know where your taxes are going. To students who need your help.
- It only takes a few minutes, but you change someone's life.
But, you need to act now! Deductions from your federal taxes are only possible if you donate by the end of the year! Visit the Arizona Tuition Connection website linked below to start the 10 minute process.
Help keep our special kids at Peaceful Solutions. We don’t make a single penny from this campaign. We just want families to be able to afford tuition, so their kids can get the best-suited attention, education, care and structure they deserve.
FYI: All of the funds you donate go to an STO - a Student Tuition Organization. One of our STO partners is called Arizona Tuition Connection. They provide scholarships to Pieceful Solutions students to help families pay for tuition. You'll be issued a receipt immediately after donation which you can use as a tax write off from both state and federal taxes.